Friday 6 July 2018

Airport Diaries (2 hours at Mumbai International Airport)

I was travelling from my home town, New Delhi, to UK for a short 10 day long summer vacation with my family. Since there was no direct flight between the two places, we had to stop at Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport for a 2-hour long halt to catch the next flight. While waiting at a good hotel like Hotel Kohinoor Continental seemed like a good option, we decided to stay at the airport due to the paucity of time.

The first thing that I did was to explore the airport. Spanning over an area of about 21,000 square meters, the T2 zone of the airport was nothing less than a maze of shops. It had quite a few interesting retail outlets of internationally renowned brands of clothing, accessories and décor chains. Being a shopaholic, I had a gala time checking out the latest collection at these widely acclaimed outlets. In fact, I even picked up a chic fuscia coloured Kurti, coupled with exquisite oxidized silver jewelry and a pair of vibrant Kolahpuri Chappals for myself.

After ticking off these wardrobe essentials, I decided to drop by at one of the stores selling organic cosmetic products. Given the unforeseeable weather of London, I thought that picking up some skincare products is not a bad idea at all. From fragrant moisturizers made of pure almonds, jojoba and avocados to tinted lip balms made of strawberries, oranges and raspberries, the store had quite a few irresistible products to spoil me for choice. Given the chilly winds of UK, my mom suggested that I must not forget to buy a good moisturizer and a lip balm. So, I ended up purchasing the almond cream and the raspberry lip balm for myself. 

After this shopping spree, I stopped at a famous bookstore in the premises of Mumbai International Airport. What caught my eye was the latest Dan Brown novel, ‘Origin’. Being a diehard fan of Dan Brown, I thought that this would make for an interesting companion in my night long flight. So, before wasting any time, I bought a copy of his recent work. 

The clock was ticking by this time and I barely had half an hour to spare before we proceeded for the boarding process for the flight to London. So, I dropped by at a famed international coffee franchise and ordered my favourite cup of cappuccino. After quickly gulping down my favourite coffee and making the most of my 2 hours at the airport, I was out towards the boarding counter for London.


No comments:

Post a Comment